Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back to Sibu...


So so so sorry....after a few weeks of hiatus from the internet....i finally had the chance to sit down and type a few words. As i said, my sister is back for her semester break, and she's using the pc all the time. but not now.

She went to Cheras just now. And the Pc is mine!!! BWAHAHAHA...

Not for long...:( she's coming back later today...

Alrite, first of all, i am dead tired, jetlag... just came back from Sibu.

Ok... on 25/5 evening we boarded a flight to Sibu via Kuching. It was damn tiring considering that morning i was attending school (solving Maths questions which have not been taught by Mr Lim...)

Hard. -_-"

In-flight MAS food is getting worse day by day! I ordered beef steak while my cousin had rice with chicken satay. OMG...both were horrible!!! My steak was solid hard(with tasteless mushroom gravy) while the satay rice, OILY!

"Way to go MAS... Malaysia Boleh"

HA!

We reached granma's house quite late.

The next few days was so nice...i mean the food!!!!! CHEAP AND SUPER DUPER DELICIOUS!!!

1) The historic Mr and Mrs Yeo's Konpia at Tiong Hua Road


My dad used to eat here when he was in primary school. Sometimes even 'ponteng' to eat here.


this is Yeo's daughter...


Konpia soaked in pork broth...


with chilli sauce...yummy...


Also famous for it's red bean drink..


2) Mee Kampua and etc

Sibu is most famous for its Kampua.
.
Mee Kampua with slices of char siew...this is Sibu's version of Kuching's Mee Kolok. Mee Kolok is so much nicer but usually contains alot of MSG...:(


Chao Chu Mien(Stir fried and then cooked with soup noodle)


Chao Chu Mien is my favourite. It's added with chinese wine...yum yum...

Bihun Basah (Vermicelli)


Drinks : Wheatgrass with milk(Left) and without milk(right).....


3)Tian Bian Ngu and fishballs...
I really wanted to snap some photos of those two delicacies but i forgot to bring my camera...darn...
Nvm...
Tian Bian Ngu is alike porridge. Only that it is made of flour and tastes marvelous.


4)Tomatoes stuffed with Asam
I am sorry but this is not available in current market in sarawak. My chef aunt working in Singapore made this creative dessert for us.



I always hated tomatoes but her version of Tomatoes with Asam....melted my heart...ahhh...so tasty...






5) Tit-bits





SYIOK!

random pics :











No comments: