Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rejected...

After SPM results are announced, there will be scholarship hoo-haas. Everyone hunts for application forms, rushing there and here to get certs done, such a chaos!!! I myself have applied for quite a number of scholarships and with 10A1's and 1(miserable) A2 plus an additional A1 in GCE-O level English, I thought I, at least can be offered two or more scholarships....

i was wrong....

BNM(Bank Negara), AmanahRaya, TNB(Tenaga Nasional Berhad), Khazanah were among those who rejected my applications...hell, i can't even get Malaysian Matriculation. *sigh*





I guess my enemies will be laughing and jumping happily like hyenas by now...

ok...straight to the point. I AM NOT SATISFIED with their selection!

*i am going to rant and boast, don't read if don't like*

I am not trying to blow my own trumpet here. But since i got lots of trumpets, i am going to blow some anyway...hehe...

How could they missed selecting me? Read some of my achievements below...

______________________________________________

Academics :
  • UPSR-5A's
  • PMR-7A's
  • SPM-All A1 except BM
  • Very consistent in school exams.
  • Won state level Kuiz Sains Alam Semula Jadi, went on to represent the state, got 4th.
  • Certificate of Merit in National Chemistry Quiz
Co-curriculum(only during form4 and 5) :

National level:
  • Maxis-Star CyberlinQ Web Community Competition - Champion
  • Toyota Eco Youth Programme - 1st runners-up
  • National First Aid Competition - 1st runners-up
  • National AIDS Camp

State Level :
  • First Aid Competition - 3rd
  • Leadership Camp
(Not stating others because State level certs do not have that much value when applying scholarships)

Awards :

National Level:
  • Pingat Jasa Terpuji-Belia (Meritorious Service Medal-Youth). To be presented later this year by Yang Dipertuan Besar Negeri Sembilan
  • MRCS(Malaysian Red Crescent Society) Outstanding Youth Award

State Level:
  • MRCS PMR Award
School Level :
  • Principal's Award for excellence in school exams.
  • Two Outstanding Georgian Awards.

Posts :
  • Red Crescent Society-Assistant Head Section Leader
  • Invention Club - Assistant Secretary
  • Science and Mathematics Club - Committee Member
  • Toyota Eco Youth Programme - President
  • State First Aid Competition - Leader
  • Assistant Class Monitor
(due to commitments to too many national level projects, my posts weren't that good)


Others (lower secondary) :
  • SEED(Schlumberger Excellence In Educational Development) International Water Project.
  • State Shell Traffic Competition-champion for three consecutive years
  • State Foot-drill competition : champion
_______________________________________________

*proud*
I am excellent or what!

or is it there are many others better than me?

I doubt that....

But i have no doubt that many undeserving people got the scholarships just because of their unquestionable rights as 'the original Malaysians', so to speak...

No meritocracy at all....*furious*

And i am not rich...just average...parents can't even afford to sponsor me to study medicine...now, that's poor rite?

Well, i can do nothing about this(the selections) as what is done is done.

BUT!

Don't expect me to serve this corrupted nation next time...

They don't want me, FINE!!! They just missed a talent...

I WILL BE A GREAT in the future! I mean it...mark my words...
When the time comes, don't accuse me of being unpatriotic for not serving the nation!
*another brain drain case coming up* yay!


p/s : i am still being optimistic about obtaining JPA scholarship which is due to be out by second week of May. Chances are slim though...
p/p/s :
ok...i am arrogant and kept showing off...
but hey, you gotta know how 'unfair' the selections are, rite? :-P